Argo Group, Baker's Dozen, binary outcomes, catalyst, Foo Fighters, FTSE 100, FTSE Eurotop 100, Granville, Hamlet, hedge funds, inflation, ISEQ, junior resource stocks, Livermore Investments, performance appraisal, Petroneft Resources, portfolio allocation, portfolio performance, Richland Resources, risk management, S&P 500
Righto, another quarter’s done, time to check in on performance again. First, my Q1 and H1 performance reviews will provide you with some handy background & context. Second, it’s always fun to pose some questions before hitting the stats:
– Of the US/Europe/UK/Ireland, which do you think has had the worst year to date?
– And the best?
– So, did you predict your best stock winner year to date?
– Ever notice how much easier it is to predict your worst stock loser?
– Is there any lesson, or story, attached to your losses?
– Why has the average hedge fund under-performed so badly this year?
Well, hopefully I cover some/all of those questions here..!